Sirius Rising 2014
"Celebrating 20 Years"
July 14 to July 20, 2014
“Home is Where the Spirit Is”
Come participate in Brushwood's 20th Annual Sirius Rising festival and enjoy the opportunity to participate in creative expression and personal growth. Sirius Rising is an eclectic week-long festival that nurtures creative and spiritual potential by bringing together, involving and teaching the community. The experience encourages participation in the universal creation process, opening participants to the unique relationship between the Land, the community and the festival at Brushwood. If you are interested in participating in workshops, drumming and dancing around the fire, or simply relaxing with friends or family in the great outdoors, Sirius Rising is the place for you.Show your spirit during Sirius Rising 20 by wearing the colors to honor the elements: Monday - Air (yellow), Tuesday - Fire (red), Wednesday - Water (blue), Thursday - Earth (green), and Friday - Spirit (white & purple)
Workshops & Hands-on Activities
Over 100 Workshops and Hands-on Activities: Participation encouraged, Mind-Body-Spirit, Arts, Dance, Chi Kung, Fire Dancing/Spinning, Drumming, Sacred Fires, Kids and Teen Programs.
Performances all WeekSanKofa Festival and Sirius Rising Performance Schecdule
At the Didge Dome
|Enjoy the cool groove at the Didge Dome most evenings
Watch for postings at the Didge Dome for performances in the program and onsite (or sign up if you would like to perform).
Sirius Rising Registration and Fees
- Adults (12 and over) - $180.00 Monday through Sunday. Sunday departure time is 3:00 PM. Overall pricing is provided in the sliding scale below. A sliding fee will be applied based on your day of arrival (refer to the table below).
- Weekend only: $80.00 (12:00 (noon), Friday to 3:00 PM, Sunday)
- Shopping passes are $15 per day, and valid until 6:00 p.m. each day.
- On site parking for special circumstances is $25.
- See our Information page for additional fees for electricity use and RVs.
- These prices are subject to change.
|Arriving Monday||$180 each|
|Arriving Tuesday||$155 each|
|Arriving Wednesday||$130 each|
|Arriving Thursday||$105 each|
|Arriving Friday||$80 each|
|Arriving Saturday||$40 each|
- Prices are subject to change.
- Shopping passes are $15 per day, and valid until 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (Saturday not included).
- NEW! Evening/stage passes are $20 for performances at the Large Pavilion, 8 pm to midnight Monday through Friday (Saturday not included).
- $25/night for Sunday between Sankofa and Sirius Rising.
- Dress in layers (hot days and cool nights)
- Sun screen
- Rain gear (just in case)
- Camping equipment
- Folding chair or blanket to sit on during workshops and performances
- Notepaper and pens or pencils
- Tote for workshops and shopping
- Some like to bring clothing that celebrates Air (yellow), Fire (red), Water (blue), Earth (green), and Spirit (white & purple), which are honored each day at Sirius Rising,
- Radio (Listen to Brushwood Radio
- Brushwood Cafe
- Phil’s Grill
- Wine and Mead also sold onsite
The Sirius Rising vending fee is $45.00. Sankofa vending fee is $45.00.
Regular camping fees apply before Sankofa and after SummerFest.
See the Merchants information page for sales tax and insurance requirements.
Remember to bring with you
Food is available onsite
For the comfort and safety of everyone, we don't allow dogs at Brushwood. Please call before your visit for information about kennels in the area where you can board your pet during your stay at Brushwood.
More About Sirius Rising
Sirius Rising has been an event cherished by festival attendees for years. Many good people have contributed to its success and growing popularity. Participation and hands-on activities within a community setting is a major emphasis of the festival.
Each night there is a ritual that honors the elements (earth, air, fire, water) and spirit. This year we celebrate The Hero’s Journey. Participants will have an opportunity to learn about the intent of the nightly rituals during daily workshops and will have the opportunity to assist those facilitating the nightly rituals or Saturday Celebration. Everyone is encouraged to be involved. Saturday's Celebration is a culmination of the week's activities integrating each element and sending off our Messenger. Watch for more information
Stay tuned in...all through the festival!Information, music, live performances and storytelling
Visit us on Facebook, Flickr and YouTube!Brushwood Folklore Center